Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

"Mr. and Mrs." Wedding Tag!! :)

Hey Everyone!! Happy T.G.I.F!! I'm so happy that my favorite day is finally here! I'm looking forward to catching up on some sleep, enjoying the unseasonably warm weather and maybe a little crafting.
Okay, I meant to say a lot of crafting!
For today's project, I made a tag for a Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: simonsaysstampblog.com.
The theme for this challenge is "Wedding or Anniversary".
I decided to go with a tag and push myself to see what I could create.
I think it turned out nice but I'll let you decide.
Here is the pic for your perusal:


This is a 4 x 7" tag that I made out of white cardstock.
I inked the edges using a Very Vanilla Craft inkpad from Stampin Up.
I wanted to keep the color scheme ivory and white and used touches of those colors throughout the tag.
I cut another piece of white cardstock @ 3 3/4 x 5 1/4", colored it using the same ivory ink and embossed it with my D'Vine Swirls folder.
I used my ATG gun to adhere the embossed piece to the tag.
Once I had my base complete, I set to work on the wedding dress.


I stamped a dress form onto white cardstock using Staz On jet black ink.
The stamp came from a Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous set I purchased from Michael's a few weeks back.
I cut the dress form out and used it as a template.
I started out by drawing a dress shape onto white cardstock.
I used a picture of my wedding dress to model the patterns and textures of the dress.


For the bodice, I used punched out flowers and flourishes out of vellum to give it that intricate look.
I added ivory ribbon, pearls and white sheer ribbon to finish the bodice off.

For the bottom of the dress, I adhered a piece of vellum that I had cut to fit.
I then laid strips of white sheer ribbon to cover up the vellum and give the dress some added texture.
I used some more ivory ribbon along the hem and attached vellum flowers and pearls for some added dimension.
To finish  it off, I took a piece of vellum that I punched using a Fiskars Flower Edge punch and added it to the bottom above the ribbon.
I used foam tape to attach my dress to the tag.


I wanted to make some shoes to go along with the dress but I don't have any stamps that feature shoe images.
So I drew a pair of my own on white cardstock using an image I found online.
Once I had my shoes at the right size, I cut them out and traced the outlines with a fine tip black marker.
I used a grey colored pencil to add some color to the inside and for shading.
As an accent, I punched an ivory flower and added a pearl to the center to dress up the shoes a bit.
I used my ATG gun to adhere the shoes directly to the tag.

To dress up it up and pull everything together, I used some more of that sheer white ribbon along the top.
I added some ivory letter stickers from Creative Memories to spell out the "Mr & Mrs".
A few white flowers, some rhinestones and pearls finish the tag off.



And ta-da! tag complete!!
 I hope you all enjoyed this project! 
I'll end this post here and enjoy your T.G.I.F and have a great weekend!!
Peace!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button